Officers Subject to Initiative Process:
- Citizen initiative to state statutory law only.
Key Steps in the Initiative Process:
- Petition must approved by lt. governor.
- Sponsors must hold seven public hearings throughout state before circulating petition.
- Petition must be numbered for circulation by lt. governor's office. No more than 50 signatures per petition packet.
- Must obtain at least 10% of registered voters that voted in last presidential election.
- Sponsors must collect at least one signature from 26 of 29 state senate districts.
No current cases.
News & Commentary
Each state has its own requirements as to the manner in which petitions must be collected, signed and filed. It is imperative that official recall committees are legally formed in each state according to the state laws and regulations. The handling of the petitions must comply with the laws and regulations of each state.