Officers Subject to Recall:
Key Steps in the Recall Process:
- Use the state's initiative process to amend the constitution.
- Petition valid for a 12-month period.
- Must be submitted to the secretary of state 90 days before legislative session.
- Signatures of 12% of votes cast in last gubernatorial election must be gathered.
- Changes by the legislature can be added to be voted on.
- Need a supermajority of 40% of all votes cast.
No current cases.
News & Commentary
No current articles.
Each state has its own requirements as to the manner in which petitions must be collected, signed and filed. It is imperative that official recall committees are legally formed in each state according to the state laws and regulations. The handling of the petitions must comply with the laws and regulations of each state.